ESE World B.V. (“ESE”, also “we”) is the service provider of this website and its subpages (hereinafter collectively referred to as “website”). As the service provider we appreciate your interest in our products, our services, our company and your visit to our website. We take the protection and security of your personal data and their confidentiality, availability and integrity seriously, and we wish to convey this to you when visiting our website. Safeguarding your privacy when processing personal data is very important to us.
Objective and Scope
This Data Privacy Statement provides transparency for the processing of personal data(1) and the respective safeguards in line with Art. 13 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)(2) and local law based on the EU ePrivacy Directive(3) and the Cookie Directive(4). The document aims to ensure compliance with information duties and transparency principles and is thus addressed (personal scope) to residents of the European Union. The included data processing (material scope) refers to data processing through this website.
The service provider ESE is the controller for data processing purposes. Please see legal notice for the identity and contact details of the controller and the controller's representative.
Data Protection Officer
ESE has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO). Please feel free to contact the DPO directly by e-mail: dataprivacyese.com
(1) ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
(2) REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)
(3) Directive 2002/58/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 12 July 2002 concerning the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector (Directive on privacy and electronic communications)
(4) DIRECTIVE 2009/136/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 25 November 2009 amending Directive 2002/22/EC on universal service and users’ rights relating to electronic communications networks and services, Directive 2002/58/EC concerning the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector and Regulation (EC) No 2006/2004 on cooperation between national authorities responsible for the enforcement of consumer protection laws
Collection and Processing of Personal Data and its Purpose
When you visit our website, we will normally store certain details of your browser and operating system, the website referring you to our website, the subpages that you visit on our website, and the date of your visit. This personal data is collected and processed for the purpose of technical administration of the website.
Some of our web pages use session cookies. These cookies help make our website more user-friendly, efficient, and secure. They are automatically deleted after your visit.
Other cookies remain in your device memory until you delete them. These cookies permit recognition of your browser when you next visit the site.
We automatically collect and store information that your browser transmits to us in server log files for security reasons, e.g. to identify attacks on our website.
- Browser type and version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL
- Host name of the accessing computer
- Time of the server request
- IP address
Analytics and Third-Party Tools
When you visit our website, we may perform statistical analyses of your surfing behaviour. This happens primarily by way of tracking cookies and analytics. The analysis of your surfing behaviour is usually anonymous, i.e. we will not be able to identify you from this data.
YouTube (third country data transfer)
This website uses plugins from YouTube, which is operated by Google. The operator of the plugins is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.
If you visit any of our pages featuring a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. The YouTube server is notified about the pages on our website that you have visited.
If you're logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to associate your browsing behaviour directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
YouTube is used to help make our website appealing. Further information about handling user data, can be found in the data protection declaration of YouTube under https://www.google.com/intl/ru/policies/privacy.
Google Maps (third country data transfer)
This website uses the Google Maps map service via an API. It is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
Using Google Maps requires storage of your IP address. This information is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. We have no influence on this data transfer. The use of Google Maps is in the interest of making our website appealing, and to facilitate the location of places specified by us on the website.
Further information about handling of user data is contained in the data protection declaration of Google at https://www.google.com/intl/ru/policies/privacy/.
Matomo (formerly Piwik)
You can prevent these cookies being stored by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser. However, we wish to point out that doing so may mean that you will not be able to enjoy the full functionality of this website.
If you do not agree with the storage and use of your data, you can disable this feature here. In this case, an opt-out cookie will be stored in your browser to prevent Matomo from storing your usage data. If you delete your cookies, this will also delete the opt-out cookie. You then have to reactivate it when you return to our site if you wish to prevent your activity from being tracked.
Legal Basis for Processing
We will generally process your personal data:
- if you have granted your consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes,
- at your specific request prior to entering into a contract,
- if and to the extent the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or related measures, or
- if and to the extent that such processing is necessary for the safeguarding or pursuit of legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are outweighed by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject that require protection of personal data, particularly if the data subject is a minor.
We may process your personal data
- if and to the extent the processing is required for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject,
- if and to the extent the processing is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another natural person, or
- if and to the extent the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us.
We will only process traffic data, itemised billing, line identification and location data other than traffic data subject to and in compliance with the above-named conditions based on the GDPR and local law based on the ePrivacy Directive. We will only process cookies subject to and in compliance with the above-named conditions based on the GDPR and the local law based on the Cookie Directive.
If state organisations and authorities forward a request for data to ESE we will analyse whether such request is justified.
Recipients of Personal Data
ESE and third-party staff may have access to the personal data, if they have to carry out legitimate tasks on a need-to-know basis.
ESE uses technical and organizational security measures to protect the data supplied by you and managed by us to ensure its confidentiality, availability and integrity. The data is protected against manipulation, loss, destruction, and access by third parties. The security measures are continually being improved in line with technological developments.
This site uses SSL or TLS encryption for security purposes and for the protection of the transmission of confidential content, such as the inquiries you send to us as the site operator. You can recognize an encrypted connection in your browser's address line when it changes from "http://" to "https://", and the lock icon is displayed in your browser's address bar.
Data Subject Rights
You can contact us and our DPO at any time with any further questions you may have about the issue of privacy and data protection, or if you wish to exercise your rights.
Revocation of your Consent
Many data processing operations are only possible with your express consent. You may revoke your consent at any time with future effect. Sending of an informal email is sufficient for issuing this request. The data processed prior to receipt of your request may still be legally processed.
Access, Rectification and Erasure
You always have the right to request information about your stored data, its origin, its recipients, and the purpose of its collection at no charge. You also have the right to request that it be corrected, blocked or deleted. ESE will notify you whether and what personal data relating to you has been stored by us at your request, as soon as possible, and in accordance with applicable law. If you are registered as a user, we also enable you to view the data yourself, and, to delete or amend it as applicable. If incorrect information is stored despite our efforts to ensure that the data is accurate and up to date, we will correct it at your request.
Right to Data Portability
Insofar as the processing is based on consent or on a contract, and the processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to us, in a structured, common and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit the data to another controller without hindrance. You have the right to have the personal data transmitted directly from us to another controller where technically feasible.
Right to file Complaints with Regulatory Authorities
If there has been a breach of data protection legislation, the data subject may file a complaint with the competent regulatory authorities. The competent regulatory authority for matters related to data protection legislation is the Dutch Data Privacy Authority:
Prins Clauslaan 60
P.O. Box 93374
2509 AJ Den Haag/The Hague
Tel. +31 70 888 8500
Fax +31 70 888 8501
Exercising your Rights
If you have further questions about the issue of privacy and data protection or if you wish to exercise your rights, you may contact us and our DPO at any time at dataprivacyese.com.
Delta Media GmbH, Paderborn